Consult A Houston Personal Injury Attorney If You've Been Denied Coverage After An Auto Accident
Any auto accident has the potential to injure drivers, passengers and even innocent bystanders. Automobile insurance is supposed to help protect victims of these accidents from the financial implications of involvement in a major accident, such as car repairs, rental car costs, medical costs and even lost wages. Getting those benefits paid out, however, is not as easy as it should be. Investigations, delays and claims denials frustrate thousands of people every year in the U.S. alone. Don't let that happen to you! If you've been injured in an auto accident, consult a Houston personal injury attorney right away to ensure your rights are protected and you are awarded the damages owed to you.
Types Of Auto Accidents And The Injuries They Cause
Any accident that involves a motor vehicle qualifies as an auto accident but the most common types of automobile accidents are:
- Rear-End collisions occur whenone car hits another from behind. Whiplash occurs often with this type of accident. It typically affects the driver or passengers of the car that was hit from behind.
- Side Impact collisions are sometimes called "T-bone" or "broadside" collisions. They cause some of the most serious auto-related injuries because they impact the least protected sections of the vehicle.
- Sideswipe happen when two cars that are next to each other touch. Their sides "swipe" one another. Most of the accidents are minor and injuries minimal, unless the sideswipe occurred with great force.
- Rollovers occur when a vehicle flips over onto its side or roof. They are very dangerous and can result in spinal injuries, brain trauma or even death.
- Head-On collisions occur when the front ends of two vehicles meet or if a vehicle crashes directly into a stationary object like a tree. They are very dangerous and often fatal.
- Single Car accidents occur when a car strikes a stationary object, pedestrian or animal. Although others may be involved, no other car is involved. Many different types of injuries can occur - to drivers, passengers and innocent bystanders.
- Multi-Vehicle accidents commonly occur on highways and freeways. They are sometimes called "pile-ups", involve many cars and can be very dangerous. Vehicles can be hit many times and it may be impossible to escape the pile up or avoid it. Whiplash, cuts, bruises, breaks and impact injuries can all occur in these situations.
Any accident can cause injury. Some of these injuries are life altering, resulting in temporary or permanent disabilities that affect your ability to work or even take care of yourself.
Financial Implications Of Auto Accident Injuries
There are many ways that auto accidents can affect your finances, including:
- Medical care costs
- Loss of Wages
- Inability to Work
- Death of Wage Earner
Insurance exists to provide you with compensation to help offset the costs associated with your accident. The compensation awarded depends greatly on the severity of the injury. The ideal way to ensure you receive the compensation you need to recover from an automobile accident is to retain the services of a Houston personal injury attorney. Unlike the insurance company, your attorney will look out for your preeminent interests. But you must contact a Houston personal injury attorney immediately. Texas, like many states, has a statute of limitations on auto accidents. You may have as little as two years in which to file a claim related to the accident.
Consult A Houston Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you have been injured in an automobile accident and your claims have been denied, contact our office to speak to a Houston personal injury attorney right away. We can evaluate your case and handle the claim on your behalf, negotiate higher damages, represent you during litigation and will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve, while you focus on getting better. Call our office at 713-800-0220 for a free consultation today.