Dog Saves Life of Houston Fire Victim
Posted: 12-13-10Category:A woman credited her dog with saving her life Monday after a fire swept through her southeast Houston home. It happened in the 1800 block of Pasadena near Santiago around 4:20 a.m. Theresa Brown, the homeowner, said she was asleep when her little dog, Peanut, began barking like crazy. She woke up, noticed flames and pieces of the ceiling falling, grabbed Peanut and ran outside. She said Peanut may have saved her life. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they said heavy flames were shooting through the roof of the one-story home. Crews initially made a fast attack, but they were forced to go on the defensive after the roof started to cave. One firefighter fell off a ladder and twisted his ankle, but no other injuries were reported. Officials said the fire likely started in the attic, possibly from an electrical issue.